Thursday, March 12, 2009

the director is here.

Writing a play is a challenging task and at the same time mind-blowing activity.Me and my partner,Amirul wanted to come out with something extraordinary.A play unlike any else.But somehow we realized making something extraordinary is quite impossible.Just because this is our first play,so we decided to make it simple.Not forgetting the aspect of language and grammar,we carefully chose our words and our story lines.The play is about a young troubled who is having a bogus conversation with his dead family.At the end,he realizes all his past mistakes and begs from God to grant him more time with his family.It sounds really simple but totally meaningful especially for teenagers.

2 comments:

  1. I agree when you state that writing a play is a challenging task and at the same time mind- blowing activity. As for me, writing a script seems to be a new experience to me whereby I have never imagined how to start writing it. I just write down whatever comes to my mind and I wrote as fast as I can because I believed that the faster was the better. The principle that I hold was never stop from writing because once I stop, my ideas will be flown away and interrupted. I did not concentrate on grammar since my friends and lecturer will do the check-up for me. Also, I do not put myself in worry about transitions or connecting the ideas or paragraphing or subject-verb agreement or even commas because I believe there is absolutely no judgment about what I am writing. Anyway, your play sounds interesting to me. Hopefully I can read your play as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Sazrin. To produce or to write a play is not child’s play. We need time to prepare, to come up with ideas to make the play to become more interesting. And today, I had the opportunity to meet with one of Malaysian greatest play writers, Mr Kee Tuan Cai who wrote one of our play that we examined in this course. As he mentioned, writing a play is a difficult process. We could not be satisfied with the play until we have seen the play been stage. As Sazrin mentioned earlier, he had made his play as simple as possible which was a good move. It is because that we are writing our first play. And eye opener for the most of us. Overall, writing a play is an interesting experience and it is a channel for us to express our feelings.

    ReplyDelete